MATRIX YOUTH ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
Innovative after-school and in-school programming for youth ages 10-17.
Matrix Youth Assistance Program (MYAP) (est. 2004), provides innovative after-school and in-school youth programming for public schools, charter schools, and community youth ages 10-17. Our staff excels in finding ways to help our community youth define and obtain their goals in all areas of life.
One on One Supports
This youth empowerment programs is designed to bridge the gaps that Detroit’s underprivileged youth experience between education, career pathways, mental health support, and post-secondary opportunities.
- Project Aviation: Youth aged 11+ interested in aviation, aerospace or avionics
- Future Docs of Tomorrow: Youth in 7 or 8th grade with an interest in medicine
- Achieve & Accelerate: A remedial program using scratch coding to help youth struggling with math and reading; Youth create stories, animation, games Youth ages 13+
- Health & Wellness: Assists youth to develop coping and problem-solving skills through engaging exercises Youth age 12+
- Financial Literacy: Youth ages 10+
Matrix Human Services with Golf. My Future. My Game. & the Detroit Housing Commission
Location: The Matrix Center and Chandler Park Golf Course
Dates: May 03- July 15, 2021
Days: Tuesday & Thursday
GDYT program, which works with youth 14-24 years is designed to provide on-the-job experience. The opportunities include developing leadership, employability skills, professionalism, and Child Development Associate Training.
WE ARE MAKING A DIFFERENCE
- Youth enrolled in career development/job readiness/computer skills services will increase computer awareness/career development knowledge and job readiness. 90% 90%
- Youth enrolled in anti-bullying services will reduce “bullying” behavior. 90% 90%
- Youth enrolled in school truancy reduction and intervention will reduce truancy, suspensions or expulsions. 75% 75%
- Youth enrolled in home truancy reduction and intervention will reduce truancy from home. 90% 90%
- Youth enrolled in conflict resolution/anger management services will reduce incorrigible behavior in the home or community. 75% 75%
- Youth enrolled in retail fraud intervention/other services will reduce incorrigible and illegal behavior in the home or community. 75% 75%
- Youth enrolled in tutoring/academic enrichment services will increase grade point averages or/and positive school behaviors. 90% 90%
- Youth enrolled in substance abuse education and treatment will reduce alcohol, tobacco or drugs use. 75% 75%
- Youth enrolled in life skill services will increase specific life enhancing skill while understanding the consequences of negative and positive life decisions. 80% 80%
Matrix Youth Assistance Program - 680 Virginia Park, Detroit, MI 48201
For more information please contact:
Matrix Youth Assistance Program
680 Virginia Park St, Detroit, MI 48202, USA