Youth Assistance Program
Innovative after-school and in-school programming for youth ages 10-17.
Make a Donation
Ready to get started?
Schools and organizations, whether public or private, can request the Youth Assistance Program to provide customized and helpful group and individual youth services at your location. These services are available during or after school.
These youth empowerment programs are designed to bridge the gaps that Detroit’s underprivileged youth experience between education, career pathways, mental health support, and post-secondary opportunities.
- Project Aviation: Youth ages 9 – 12 interested in aviation, aerospace, or avionics
- Future Docs of Tomorrow: Youth in 7 or 8th grade with an interest in medicine
- Achieve & Accelerate: A remedial program using scratch coding to help youth struggling with math and reading; Youth create stories, animation, games Youth ages 13+
- Health & Wellness: Assists youth to develop coping and problem-solving skills through engaging exercises Youth age 12+
- Financial Literacy: Youth ages 10+
Matrix Human Services with Golf. My Future. My Game. & the Detroit Housing Commission
Location: The Matrix Center and Chandler Park Golf Course
Dates: May 03- July 15, 2021
Days: Tuesday & Thursday
GDYT program works with youth 14-24 years is designed to provide on-the-job experience. The opportunities include developing leadership, employability skills, professionalism, and Child Development Associate Training.