Youth Assistance Program
Innovative after-school and in-school programming for youth ages 10-17.
Make a Donation
Ready to get started?
Youth services include weekly groups such as academic support, recreational activities, conflict resolution, cultural activities, computer classes, and substance abuse prevention . These services are available from 4 pm – 6 pm during the school year and 11am – 4 pm during the summer.
Schools and organizations, whether public or private, can request the Youth Assistance Program to provide customized and helpful group and individual youth services at your location. These services are available during or after school.
Matrix Human Services with Golf. My Future. My Game. & the Detroit Housing Commission
Location: The Matrix Center and Chandler Park Golf Course
Dates: April 19 – October 6, 2022
Days: Tuesday & Thursday
Youth services include weekly groups such as academic support, substance abuse prevention, conflict resolution, cultural activities, computer classes, and recreational activities. These services are available from 4 pm – 6 pm during the school year and 11am – 4 pm during the summer.
These youth empowerment programs are designed to bridge the gaps that Detroit’s underprivileged youth experience between education, career pathways, mental health support, and post-secondary opportunities.
- Project Aviation: Youth ages 9 – 12 interested in aviation, aerospace, or avionics
- Future Docs of Tomorrow: Youth in 7 or 8th grade with an interest in medicine
- Achieve & Accelerate: A remedial program using scratch coding to help youth struggling with math and reading; Youth create stories, animation, games Youth ages 13+
- Health & Wellness: Assists youth to develop coping and problem-solving skills through engaging exercises Youth age 12+
- Financial Literacy: Youth ages 10+