POSITION TITLE: Sr. Accountant
REPORTS TO: CFO/Controller
FLSA: Full- time/Exempt
The Accountant reports to the CFO/Controller and is responsible for much of the daily accounting responsibilities of the organization. The Accountant is also responsible for preparing certain monthly standard journal entries and reconciling GL accounts as directed. The Accountant is also responsible for assisting the CFO/Controller as requested. As is the case with all members of the Fiscal, Finance, team, the Accountant is responsible for ensuring the safety of the organization’s assets, including its good name. The Accountant is responsible for providing support to the Fiscal Department by managing daily accounting tasks. You will be part of a team of professionals working to maintain order and transparency for the company’s finances.
- BA/BS in Business with an emphasis in Accounting
- Two (2) years’ experience in the general ledger and fund accounting
- Understanding of how the income statement, balance sheet, and cash flow fit together for month-end statements
- Excellent organizing skills
- Great attention to detail
- Good with numbers and figures and an analytical acumen
- Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices
- Demonstrated strong Excel skills, (i.e. v-lookup, subtotals, pivot tables)
- Comfortable in a diverse environment and enjoy working with
- Be able to partner with operations and provide analytical support and insight.
- Hands-on accounting experience and skills, including the month-end close process
- Excellent analytical problem-solving skills
- Results and detail-oriented
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work both independently and as a cross-functional team member
- Must be able to turn analysis into insights and effectively communicate the findings and recommendations to key executives and Board Members.
- GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Working with the CFO/Controller to ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end closings.
- Responding to inquiries from managers regarding financial results, special reporting requests, etc. on a timely
- Assisting Controller and CFO in preparing budgets and performing forecasting activities as
- Assisting in developing and implementing new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the
- Preparing monthly journal entries and work papers as directed
- Performing monthly reconciliation activities for all bank accounts, credit cards, and all other credit liabilities, including end of the month vendor
- Assist in the processing of balance sheets, income statements, and other financial statements according to legal and company accounting and financial guidelines
- Assist with reviewing of assets, liabilities, and expenses as assigned
- Performing other duties as needed to assist in accomplishing the requirements of the Accounting Department and/or the mission of Matrix Human
WORKING AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
Works in a normal office environment with usual pressures of managing personnel and dealing with time constraints. Because of multiple sites within the department and the need to meet with others within the community, it is common to drive to several locations, sometimes in inclement weather.
CONTINUOUS QUALITY IMPROVEMENT AND ETHICAL CONDUCT:
All personnel of Matrix must adhere to the NASW Code of Ethics and incorporate Continuous Quality Improvement efforts into their everyday performance. All employees of Head Start must adhere to the federal regulations and requirements for Head Start operations including the Performance Standards, Licensing rules, and be of Good Moral Character as stated in the Code of Ethics. Demonstrate and actively promote an understanding and commitment to the mission and values of Matrix Human Services.
To apply for this job please visit matrixhumanservices.org.