ABOUT GIVING TUESDAY
Now in its fourth year, #GivingTuesday is a global day of giving fueled by the power of social media and collaboration.
Observed on the Tuesday following Thanksgiving (in the U.S.) and the widely recognized shopping events Black Friday and Cyber Monday, #GivingTuesday kicks off the charitable season, when many focus on their holiday and end-of-year giving.
Since its inaugural year in 2012, #GivingTuesday has become a movement that celebrates and supports giving and philanthropy with events throughout the year… LEARN MORE.
Interested in participating? It’s easy! Here are some ideas:
• Launch a special campaign to support your favorite cause
• Donate time, funds, items or resources to your favorite charity or cause on #GivingTuesday
• Match your employees’ donations on that day
• Commit a portion of proceeds on #GivingTuesday to your favorite cause
• Create a volunteering initiative or commit to volunteer
• Offer your community the chance to add a donation to their purchase on #GivingTuesday
• Announce a major donation
• Organize a local toy drive, consignment sale or holiday goods sale to raise money and goods
• Organize a holiday bake sale with proceeds benefiting a local charity
• Get your community together to start a #GivingTuesday movement that engages your neighbors, local nonprofits and businesses
MATRIX HUMAN SERVICES
At Matrix Human Services #GivingTuesday celebrates our year-long focus on giving our community the tools and resources needed to Transition to Success™ – moving from poverty to lives of self sufficiency.
We encourage you to commit to giving back today! Join us in the fight against poverty.
Matrix Human Services is dedicated to breaking the generational cycle of poverty in the city of #Detroit. Through our groundbreaking, nationally recognized, ASPIRE Matrix (formerly Transition to Success™), offering a strong reliable hand-up and not just a hand-out, we are truly changing lives.
ASPIRE Matrix coordinates care for basic needs, literacy, getting an education, (including GED and higher education for parents), financial literacy and volunteerism; all key components for self-sufficiency. We work with clients to first address immediate basic needs of food, healthcare and shelter, then plot long term goals, leading to financial stability and improved health.
In the summer of 2014, ASPIRE Matrix (formerly Transition to Success™), was selected as a Clinton Global Initiative.
Discover Matrix Human Services at http://www.matrixhumanservices.org
WAYS TO GIVE!
Looking for ways to give this holiday season without breaking the bank? Check out our “Ways to Give” page.
Matrix Human Services is involved with giving programs that provide donations when our supporters shop at thousands of top retailers. It’s as easy as selecting Matrix as your charity of choice!
Follow this link to learn more! Then spread the word!
SHOUT IT OUT!
Tell the world how you’re giving back on #GivingTuesday. Tag your post with #GivingTuesday #GiveLocal #GiveDetroit! Your post may encourage others to get involved in the true spirit of giving!
#GivingTuesday kicks off our holiday event and fundraising season, we encourage you to post about #GivingTuesday #GiveLocal & #GiveDetroit all month!
Thank you for your commitment to our local community!