Matrix Human Services
POSITION TITLE: Matrix Center Operations Manager
REPORTS TO: Matrix Center Director
SUPERVISES: Community Center Staff
Under the supervision of the Matrix Center Director, responsible for organization duties and other activities at the Matrix Community Center. Responsible for the securing tenants, supervising Matrix Center upkeep on a day to day basis.
- Associates in Business, Human Resources, or other related field from an accredited college or university.
- 2 to 5 years of building management experience.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Skills and ability to determine the needs of the center and formulate short and long range goals.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to interact positively in a culturally diverse environment.
- Actively participates as a member of the Matrix Center Team.
- Sets workflow priorities and quality standards for maintenance, custodial, security, and safety tasks.
- Manages work priorities through the use of a Work Order System.
- Oversees various routine maintenance, custodial tasks, and various work projects.
- Establishes, implements, and enforces facilities policies and procedures, and sets workflow priorities and quality standards for maintenance, custodial, security, and safety tasks.
- Coordinate activities and supervise staff.
- Willingness to work irregular hours, evenings and/or weekends.
- Provide continuous Quality Improvement to assure effective delivery of client services.
- Work in conjunction with Advisory Board, Officers, and Committees as applicable.
- Provide for well-organized office services, clerical support, staff and administrative records.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the Matrix Policy and Procedures Manual
- Provide a monthly report of outcomes, activities, and concerns related to the Matrix Center.
- Provide for training of staff and volunteers for individual growth, development and advancement to maximize potential and contributions to client services to meet the requirements of licensure and accreditation where applicable.
- Promote the use of volunteers and students to enhance the Center’s capacity to service clients.
- Provide and nurture an atmosphere conducive to the clients’ and program(s) growth and development.
- Ensure that staff practices ethical principles and volunteers and that client’ rights are protected.
- Ensure reasonable measures of safety for clients, employees, and visitors.
- Act as an advocate for clients by identifying, verbalizing and addressing needs and concerns.
- Provide representation on boards and committees and attend community meetings and events when necessary.
- Oversee facilities and maintenance of all licensing requirements, including development of new sites and renovation.
- Work with the fiscal team and Director to prepare budget and other fiscal reports as required.
- Collaborate with Matrix Finance Department to ensure appropriate accounting practices.
- Ensure that expenditures are in line with the approved budget and available revenue.
- Provide for inventory, security, care and maintenance of division premises, equipment and supplies
- Seek to identify and secure new or expanded resources.
- Serve as a liaison in collaboration with human service providers, funding agents, and other Matrix Divisions to maximize effective and unduplicated services.
- Work with Matrix Marketing Department and other designated Matrix staff to facilitate marketing and fundraising activities.
- Engage Mission Partners/tenants.
WORKING AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
Works in a normal office environment with usual pressures of managing personnel and dealing with time constraints. Because of multiple sites within the department and the need to meet with others within the community, it is common to drive to several locations, sometimes in inclement weather.
CONTINUOUS QUALITY IMPROVEMENT AND ETHICAL CONDUCT:
Demonstrate and actively promote an understanding and commitment to the mission and values of Matrix Human Services