Status: Full Time
Directly Reports to Vice President of Marketing and Development
I. JOB SUMMARY/ACCOUNTABILITY:
Reporting to the Vice-President of Marketing and Development, the Individual and Corporate Giving Manager is responsible for supporting the development plan by identifying, securing, and cultivating individual and corporate donors for the organization.
II. POSITION QUALIFICATIONS:
Bachelor’s degree required, in Philanthropy, Public Administration, Communication, Journalism, or similar field.
NOTE: Equivalent combinations of education and experience that could provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities, will be evaluated on an individual basis.
III. GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the execution of the strategic development plan.
- Identification, research, cultivation, and solicitation of gifts. Maintain ongoing donor relationships.
- Represent Matrix in a professional manner in the community.
- Support fundraising events by assisting in the securing of sponsors. Participate in events and invite other donors and prospects to attend.
- Create and implement plans to bring existing donors into the major gift level
- Increase corporate support by helping to implement and grow a Corporate Partners Program
- Working with the internal team, ensure proper recording and use of the donor database for donor information and activity tracking.
- Act as the liaison to other departments/staff (namely Head Start) to the development team when possible donors of goods or dollars are identified. Assist in the solicitation of identified items.
- Meet with donors and prospects individually and with other development and leadership team members. Identify creative ways to engage donors both virtually and in person.
- Performs Other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Marketing and Development.
IV. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to lift up to 20 Lbs.
- Ability to traverse stairs and other uneven terrains to gain access to and to maneuver throughout offsite locations including office buildings and special event locations.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
V. Core Values
- We are devoted, dedicated, and always willing to pitch in.
- We are passionate about what we do.
- We do what we say.
- We have a “Can Do” attitude.
- We always treat co-workers, donors and children, and families with respect, courtesy, and patience.
To apply for this job please visit www.matrixhumanservices.org.