Matrix Human Services
Position Title: Director of Marketing
Division: Marketing & Development Department
Status: Full- Time Exempt
Directly Reports to: Vice President of Marketing and Development
JOB SUMMARY / ACCOUNTABILITY:
Reporting to the Vice-President of Marketing and Development, the Director of Marketing is responsible for the implementation of the marketing strategy for the agency and leading the logistics and implementation of all fundraising events. The Director of Marketing will have the responsibility of directing all external and internal communications for the agency with metric goals that outline success in recruitment of clients in various programs, brand awareness, digital strategies, and events attendees. A key component will be building successful marketing campaigns for various programs.
The Director of Marketing will oversee two full time positions that include the communications and marketing specialists that would be key components of developing successful communications strategies and tone for the agency. The Director of Marketing with work alongside the development team to foster stewardship opportunities with donors, corporations, and foundations. The Director of Marketing will be responsible for producing three special event fundraisers a year from inception through completion that host up to 300 guests. Two of the three events have well established committees who will assist and meets once a month. The Director of Marketing will provide outstanding customer service and organizing memorable events that meet quality expectations and will serve as lead for post donor relations and stewardship post event. This position is also responsible for external communications to promote programs and services offered to clients and potentials clients as well as donors and potential donors.
Bachelor’s degree preferred, in Philanthropy, Public Administration, Communication, Journalism or similar field.
NOTE: Equivalent combinations of education and experience that could provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities, will be evaluated on an individual basis.
Director of Marketing
· Proven track record of leading a team of marketing and communications for large corporation or organization.
· Successful portfolio of marketing campaigns that garnered an increase in sales, clients, brand awareness and etc…
· Skilled in proven digital strategies, such as all social media platforms and more.
· Knowledgeable of donor relations or has experience working with fundraising/development team in non-profits.
· Highly organized and skilled in excel to track revenue and expenses.
· A highly creative thinker to maximize strategies for agency and event opportunities.
· Impressive portfolio of previously managed events (weddings, fundraisers, meetings, parties, corporate events).
· Excellent time management and communication skills.
· Negotiation skills to work out prices with clients and contractors.
· Excellent knowledge of MS Office, marketing computer software and online applications (CRM tools, Online analytics, Google Adwords, SEO, and etc.)
· Ability to work effectively both independently and with an interdisciplinary team.
· Ability to effectively manage time, information, and meet deadlines.
· Ability to multi-task and apply critical thinking skills with a high degree of accuracy in a high-volume setting.
· Strong interpersonal skills: the ability to maintain a positive relationship with clients, agency staff, coworkers, senior staff, referring sources, community resources and contractors.
· Perform other tasks and assignments that are required by the Vice President of Marketing and Development.
· Event planning, design and production within time limits.
· Working with donor and guest to identify their needs and ensure customer satisfaction.
· Organizing facilities and details such as decor, catering, entertainment, transportation, location, invitee list, special guests, equipment, promotional material etc.
· Conduct market research, gather information and negotiate contracts prior to closing any deals.
· Provide feedback and periodic reports to Vice President of Marketing and Development.
· Propose ideas to improve provided services and event quality.
· Cooperate with marketing and PR to promote and publicize event.
· Proactively handle any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems on the event day.
· Conduct pre- and post – event evaluations and report on outcomes.
· Research market, identify event opportunities and generate interest.
· Ability to lift up to 20 Lbs.
· Ability to traverse stairs and other uneven terrain to gain access to and to maneuver throughout offsite locations including office buildings and special event locations.
· Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
· We are devoted, dedicated and always willing to pitch in.
· We are passionate about what we do.
· We do what we say.
· We have a “Can Do” attitude.
· We always treat co-workers, donors and children and families with respect, courtesy and patience.