At Matrix Human Services #GivingTuesday celebrates our year-long focus on giving our community the tools and resources needed to move from poverty to lives of self sufficiency, stability and hope.
We encourage you – Commit to giving back today!
ABOUT GIVING TUESDAY
#GivingTuesday is a global day of giving. Observed on the Tuesday following Thanksgiving (in the U.S.) right along with the widely recognized shopping events Black Friday and Cyber Monday, #GivingTuesday kicks off the charitable season, when many focus on their holiday and end-of-year giving.
DIRECTLY IMPACT THOUSANDS OF LOCAL CHILDREN AND FAMILIES!
READ JUST A FEW OF OUR RECENT SUCCESSES BELOW!
NEW STABILITY AND A HOME
For Abigail, two years ago marked the beginning of a new future for her family. Matrix Head Start provided an opportunity for her daughters to spend the day in a learning environment while allowing Abigail to generate income and work on life goals for her family.
Because of Matrix wrap-around services that support not just children, but the entire family, Abigail was able to work with a Family Advocate and change her family’s future. Read More…
LIVING WITHOUT A REFRIGERATOR
Samuel knew his old refrigerator wouldn’t last much longer, but with a fixed income he didn’t have finances to fix or replace it. As he shifted food from the defective refrigerator cabinet to the partially working freezer, eventually both gave out. Samuel resorted to using coolers for his perishable foods.
Seeking help, he turned to neighbors and local churches for advice. Many said the same thing, “Go to Matrix, they’ll know how to help you.” Read more…
Invest in our local community
Give time and expertise.
Interested in participating? It’s easy! Donate!
Want to get creative? Here are some other ideas:
• Launch your own special campaign to bring support to our organization
• Donate time, funds, items or resources on #GivingTuesday
• Match your employees’ donations on that day!
• Commit a portion of business proceeds on #GivingTuesday to give
• Create a volunteering initiative or commit to volunteer
• Offer your community the chance to add a donation to their purchase on #GivingTuesday
• Announce a major donation
• Organize a local toy drive, consignment sale or holiday goods sale to raise money and goods
• Organize a holiday bake sale with proceeds benefiting a local charity
• Get your community together to start a #GivingTuesday movement that engages your neighbors, local nonprofits and businesses