WORKING TOGETHER IN SERVICE
I live here, I give here!
With a wide array of programs operating out of locations throughout Detroit, Matrix Human Services is always in need of volunteers to organize or participate in service projects.
Over the years, volunteers from Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan, Blue Care Network, Bodman LLP, Chrysler Corporation, City Year of Detroit, Deloitte, DTE Energy, Ford Motor Company, General Motors, Grosse Pointe Memorial Church, University of Michigan, Wayne State University and more organizations and individuals have made a huge impact in the community by getting involved.
Some project ideas for you to consider.
MATRIX ADMINISTRATIVE PROJECTS
- Mail materials to donors.
- File records.
- Data entry.
- Scan documents.
- Sort computer files.
- Answer telephones.
MATRIX – HANDS ON PROJECTS
- Help paint and/or make repairs at one of our program sites.
- Volunteer to help clean up our grounds.
- Plant flowers or plants at a Matrix site.
- Collect cleaning supplies to donate to our program sites.
- Plant a vegetable garden.
- Sort and clean up storage areas.
ASSIST CHILDREN, ADULTS & SENIORS
- Help children with their homework after school.
- Teach a class.
- Sponsor a recreational activity.
- Sponsor a Senior Day providing lunch or dinner at the John J. Villa Wellness Center.
- Volunteer at one of our senior programs.
- Volunteer to deliver Meals on Wheels on Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter or Labor Day.
- Organize a group to volunteer regularly and raise funds for one of our programs or locations.