Reporting to the Vice-President of Marketing and Development, the Webmaster & Lead Designer is responsible for the development, security and maintenance of all Matrix web properties, agency branding, and promotion, implementation of online fundraising initiatives and pages, development of event promotional pages, event registrations (ticket sales) & promotions.
The Webmaster & Lead Designer will have developmental responsibility for multiple Matrix Websites including MatrixHumanServices.org along with direct involvement in producing three special event fundraisers a year hosting up to 400 guests and donors plus one marketing event fundraiser. The Webmaster & Lead Designer will provide outstanding external communications to promote events, programs, fundraisers, and services offered to clients and potentials clients as well as donors and potential donors.
Degree/Certifications or relevant work experience preferred in a combination of Web Development and Graphic Design, plus Communication, Web/Social Media Marketing, Online marketing, and similar fields.
NOTE: Equivalent combinations of education and experience that could provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities, will be evaluated on an individual basis.
- Proven track record of designing and maintaining electronic and print communication materials, including websites, email marketing, and social media.
- An impressive portfolio of previously designed pieces (websites, fundraiser/ mailers, promotional flyers for online and offline distribution, event signage and etc.).
- Negotiation skills to work out prices with clients and contractors.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, design software and online web applications (Adobe Design suite, WordPress Online analytics, Google Adwords, SEO, and etc.)
- Ability to work effectively both independently and with an interdisciplinary team.
- Ability to effectively manage time, information, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task, and apply critical thinking skills with a high degree of accuracy in a high volume setting.
- Strong interpersonal skills; the ability to maintain a positive relationship with clients, agency staff, coworkers, senior staff, referring sources, community resources and contractors.
- Perform other tasks and assignments that are required by the Vice President of Marketing and Development.
- Ability to continually develop and maintain multiple websites including site planning, design, and production within time limits.
- Working with multiple stakeholders to ensure consistency and satisfaction across web properties.
- Knowledge of Web Development and Design tools including WordPress, HTML, CSS, SEO, the WordPress DIVI theme, and a wide range of website plugin applications.
- Working knowledge of code including HTML and CSS, knowledge of maintaining web servers, FTP, website and WordPress set-up, DIVI theme installation, theme customizations, WordPress security, and related.
- Organizing online events and details such as event ticketing and registrations, sponsor recognition, online promotional material, etc. for main organization events and smaller program events.
- Copywriting for the website, social media, and other online promotions.
- Provide feedback and periodic reports to the Vice President of Marketing and Development.
- Ability to create consistency across online and offline marketing communications.
- Propose ideas to improve visitor experiences, registrations, donations, and event ticket sales/sponsorships.
- Cooperate with marketing and PR to promote and publicize events.
- Proactively handle any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems.
- Monitor website security, perform site updates, plug-in updates, regular back-ups and etc.
- Research and identify opportunities to market and generate interest.
- Maintain hosting accounts, domain renewals, and other relevant online accounts.
- Maintain branding and design consistency across both print and online communications
- Plan, design, create and update multiple brochures, flyers and other print materials for all Matrix programs, program events and initiatives.
- Develop, design and create annual reports and other organizational promotional materials for both print and online distribution
- Create signage, banners and various other items for print distribution along with content on the company’s website and social media accounts
- Review and edit program & other print pieces to maintain the Matrix branding colors/guidelines across all external promotional communications
- Knowledge of Constant Contact including email template creation, design and related content creation
- Ability to design marketing materials in multiple languages
- Dedication to upholding Matrix branding and communications standards across all developed pieces
- Compose and post online content on the company’s website and social media accounts
- Creation and management of Facebook ads including copywriting and creatives, budgeting, ad targeting and metrics.
- Assist in writing marketing literature to augment the organization’s presence in the market.
- Assist in organizing campaigns and developing marketing strategies.
- Reporting on success by monitoring key metrics.
- Manage and create regular Constant Contact email communications.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Ability to lift up to 20 Lbs.
- Ability to traverse stairs and other uneven terrains to gain access to and to maneuver throughout offsite locations including office buildings and special event locations.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- We are devoted, dedicated and always willing to pitch in.
- We are passionate about what we do.
- We do what we say.
- We have a “Can Do” attitude.
- We always treat co-workers, donors and children and families with respect, courtesy and patience.
To apply for this job please visit www.matrixhumanservices.org.