DEPARTMENT: Adult & Senior Division
REPORTS TO: Assistant Director of Senior Programs
FLSA: Exempt – Full-time
TERM: 2 year grant funded position; grant renewal is based on program performance
- JOB SUMMARY/ACCOUNTIBILITY:
The primary duties of this Senior Advocate role are to coordinate all program components related to the Matrix – Healthy Senior Living Initiative such as facilitating recruitment, intake and enrollment activities, case coordination and navigating all necessary resources for program participants.
- POSITION QUALIFICATIONS:
- Associate degree in Gerontology or related human services field. Bachelor degree preferred.
- A minimum of 1 to 3 years of experience working with the older adult populations
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency required.
- Strong work ethic and commitment to quality services for older adults
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and organizational abilities
- Valid Michigan driver’s license as occasional use personal vehicle to perform job duties is required
- GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Onboard new clients into Matrix – Healthy Senior Living Initiative.
- Develop positive relationship with senior clients that encourages high level of senior involvement in program participation.
- Perform home visits and phone surveys of senior clients to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Work alongside the Assistant Director to build out program activities.
- Identify supportive services and other resources through case coordination for older adults including medical, financial, mental services as well as assistance programs.
- Work in collaboration with other program staff specifically those facilitating preparing food boxes for seniors.
- Coordinator and foster collaboration with Forgotten Harvest and the HUDA Clinic to ensure collaborative services are executed effectively.
- Maintain client files, records and detailed information on all programs, activities and services.
- Use technology for necessary tracking of client level involvement and overall wellness.
- Assure that documentation of program services are accurate and timely and that it supports the accomplishment of program objectives and outcomes required by funding sources. Provide timely and accurate computer entry of programmatic data and the effective management of computer files and records to the end that documentation and reporting are efficient.
- Participate and represent senior services on Matrix-based committees and/or work groups as assigned.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- WORKING AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
Works in a normal office environment with usual pressures of managing personnel and dealing with time constraints. Because of the need to meet with others within the community, it is common to drive to several locations, sometimes in inclement weather.
CONTINUOUS QUALITY IMPROVEMENT AND ETHICAL CONDUCT:
- All personnel of Matrix must adhere to the NASW Code of Ethics and incorporate Continuous Quality Improvement efforts into their everyday performance. All employee of Matrix must adhere to the federal regulations and requirements for Head Start operations including the Performance Standards, Licensing rules, and be of Good Moral Character as stated in the Code of Ethics.
- Demonstrate and actively promote an understanding and commitment to the mission and values of Matrix Human Services
WORKING AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
- Works in a normal office environment with usual pressures of managing personnel and dealing with time constraints. Because of multiple sites within the department and the need to meet with others within the community, it is common to drive to several locations, sometimes in inclement weather. Handles large volumes of paper and forms.
To apply for this job please visit www.matrixhumanservices.org.