POSITION TITLE: PROGRAM MANAGER
DEPARTMENT: MATRIX COMMUNITY HEALTH
REPORTS TO: VICE PRESIDENT OF COMMUNITY HEALTH
SUPERVISES: DIRECT SERVICE STAFF
Job Type: Full-time
Oversees and provides administrative supervision for Matrix Community Health field and office staff. This includes hiring, onboarding, training, supervision, and evaluation of staff. Ensures the programs are meeting their utilization targets and are in compliance with all Council on Accreditation (COA), standards of care, and funding requirements. Provides oversight of clients achieving medical appointment adherence, medication adherence, and HIV viral load suppression. May provides direct client services through intakes, screening for eligibility, and appropriateness of service. Obtains client feedback and satisfaction of services provided. Assists in the evaluation of program effectiveness and quality assurance.
- Master’s Degree in related field preferred with a bachelor’s degree in human resources or social services required. Must successfully complete Case Management Training within the first year of employment. Minimum of two years’ experience in a supervisory capacity, preferred.
- Comfortable in a culturally diverse environment and demonstrate awareness of the value of cultural competence, sensitivity in task implementation, and comfort engaging in conversations regarding sexual health and well-being.
- Ability to take ownership and showcase interpersonal skillset. Good verbal and written skills. Able to communicate effectively.
- Understanding of the functions of patient advocacy and knowledge of rules and regulations concerning HIPAA and client confidentiality.
- Well-organized and demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple-tasks; self-driven; achieve desired results and adapt favorably to changing priorities. Highly effective problem-solving ability. Analytical ability is sufficient to resolve problems requiring the integration of data from diverse sources.
- Computer literate, proficient in Microsoft Outlook, able to learn and effectively utilize client software database.
- Provides supervision to field and office staff. This includes overseeing the hiring, onboarding, training, and orientation of new staff as well as ensuring existing staff are receiving ongoing training to assist them in maintaining their own certifications/licensures. Oversees and assesses staff caseloads ensuring appropriate assignment of cases. Monitoring of workplace sites (clinics) ensuring staff coverage is being maintained.
- Monitors and ensures the programs are meeting their utilization targets and clinical indicators and that services are being performed in compliance with Council on Accreditation, standards of care, departmental policy and procedures, and contractual funding requirements.
- May provide client service consisting of screening for eligibility and appropriateness of service, also providing clients with direction as appropriate. Assists directly with client intakes. Is back up for staff for the provision of service providing direct referrals to clients needing immediate assistance.
- Attends, facilitates, and provides agenda for department team meetings and conducts/facilitates interdisciplinary team meetings. Oversees and provides direct client contact to obtain client feedback and satisfaction with services provided. Resolves complaints/feedback according to agency policy and procedure.
- Ensures departmental supplies and facilities are maintained and that staff is equipped with all the necessary provisions needed to perform their job duties. Ensures facilities are in compliance with all safety and contractual obligations, standards of care, and State of Michigan regulations.
- Maintains a relationship with other service providers who are involved in providing HIV services. May assist with writing grant proposals in order to continue funding for services provided or obtaining funds from another funding source. Maintains knowledge of requirements of regulatory licensing and accreditation agencies, including but not limited to COA and MDCH.
- Evaluates program services and effectiveness including patient outcomes in accordance with grant contract requirements working with the program’s quality assurance service coordinator. This includes auditing of all of the program’s clinical charts ensuring documentation and performance indicator data is being maintained in accordance with policy and procedures, timelines, and contractual requirements.
- Maintains awareness of community changes that could impact service delivery and provides feedback on how to deal with this if needed. Educates agency staff and the community regarding the program and available services.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
WORKING AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
Works primarily in a normal office environment with usual pressures and dealing with time constraints. Periodically may need to go to medical clinics, community settings and see patient’s in their home. Primarily works traditional business hours but at times may need to be able to work non-business hours, such as on weekends or evenings.
CONTINUOUS QUALITY IMPROVEMENT AND ETHICAL CONDUCT:
All personnel of Matrix must adhere to the NASW Code of Ethics and incorporate Continuous Quality Improvement efforts into their everyday performance. All employees of Matrix Community Health must adhere to the federal regulations and requirements of the respective grant funding their position as well as the Performance Standards, Licensing rules, and be of Good Moral Character as stated in the Code of Ethics.
Demonstrate and actively promote an understanding and commitment to the mission and values of Matrix Human Services