Website Matrix Human Services
DEPARTMENT: Head Start – Birth to Five Program
REPORTS TO: Sr. Manager, Operations
The Head Start Operations Coordinator works directly with program management and performs a number of administrative duties, including answering phones, screening visitors, making travel arrangements, preparing reports, filing and organizing documents, recording meeting minutes, and performing basic purchasing tasks. This role requires that the incumbent be a self-motivated professional, capable of managing their workload and prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Associate Degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent work experience with a high school diploma.
- Two years related work experience.
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office and the ability to become familiar with agency-specific programs and software.
- Organized self-starter, demonstrated ability to initiate, prioritize, and complete a daily workload.
- Must be able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, quickly changing environment.
- A proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective in an environment of cultural diversity; comfortable in a collaborative, team-based work setting
- Reliable transportation is required.
- Maintain calendar, action plan, and to do list for Sr. Manager.
- Gather and summarize monitoring results and action plans.
- Create regular and ad hoc reports for center closures, staffing plans, etc.
- Work with other departments to create regular and ad hoc reports for turnover, dashboards, etc.
- Prepare documents for review and presentation to governance, committees, and executives.
- Enter Operations data into Head Start Enterprise System for center closures, classrooms, staffing, and others as needed.
- Manage other systems and portals, including those for work orders, inventory, and purchasing.
- Help schedule, set up, and prepare for meetings.
- Accurately record minutes from meetings.
- Regularly visit centers and conduct checklist observations for health and safety, record keeping, and monitoring plans; compile and present results.
- Manage the supplies inventory and database, initiate or approve purchase orders.
- Provide general administrative support and assist with record keeping.
- Participate in program sponsored activities and community events, including recruitment.
- Ensure compliance with all performance standards and regulations.
- Maintain adequate safeguards for the privacy and confidentiality of information.
- Complete required documentation of relevant activities and submit records and reports in a timely and accurate manner.
- Stay abreast of current issues and trends by participation in grantee-sponsored training, center pre-service and in-service trainings, and other continuing education, career and professional development opportunities; read and review regulations and other resources.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
WORKING AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
Works in a normal office environment with usual pressures of managing personnel and dealing with time constraints. Because of multiple sites within the department and the need to meet with others within the community, it is common to drive to several locations, sometimes in inclement weather.
CONTINUOUS QUALITY IMPROVEMENT AND ETHICAL CONDUCT:
- All staff will use data to help achieve program goals; apply techniques and strategies that promote a culture of learning; identify and address gaps that continuously improve our programs.
- All personnel of Matrix must adhere to the NASW Code of Ethics and incorporate Continuous Quality Improvement efforts into their everyday performance.
- All Head Start employees must adhere to the federal regulations and requirements for Head Start operations including the Program Performance Standards, licensing regulations, and the NAEYC Code of Conduct
- Demonstrate and actively promote an understanding and commitment to the mission and values of Matrix Human Services.
To apply for this job please visit www.matrixhumanservices.org.