POSITION TITLE: Office Assistant
DEPARTMENT: Adult & Senior Division
REPORTS TO: Senior Program Director
The Office Assistant supports the Adult and Senior Services program at the Matrix Center. The Office Assistant is responsible for ordering and managing supplies, manages receipts and credit card reports from Program Directors. Submit invoices from Adult and Senior programs into the web portal. The position also provides administrative clerical support as needed to the Directors and staff within the program.
- High School diploma required. Associates Degree Preferred
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in corporate environment or non-profit organization.
- Ability to understand and follow both oral and written directions.
- Excellent computer skill with proficiency in Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- High level of written and verbal skills.
- Overseeing clerical tasks, such as sorting and sending mail
- Keeping inventory of office supplies and ordering new materials as needed
- Maintaining files
- Answering phone calls
- Taking and delivering messages
- Ensuring the office runs smoothly
- Scheduling meeting and sending meeting invites to attendees
WORKING AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
Works in a normal office environment with usual pressures of managing personnel and dealing with time constraints. Because of multiple sites within the department and the need to meet with others within the community, it is common to drive to several locations, sometimes in inclement weather. Handles large volumes of paper and forms.
CONTINUOUS QUALITY IMPROVEMENT AND ETHICAL CONDUCT:
- All personnel of Matrix must adhere to the NASW Code of Ethics and incorporate Continuous Quality Improvement efforts into their everyday performance. All employee of Head Start must adhere to the federal regulations and requirements for Head Start operations including the Performance Standards, Licensing rules, and be of Good Moral Character as stated in the Code of Ethics.
- Demonstrate and actively promote an understanding and commitment to the mission and values of Matrix Human Services