POSITION TITLE: Intake and Data Specialist
DEPARTMENT: Matrix Youth and Family Services Division
REPORTS TO: Adult Services Program Director (Homeless Solutions Program)
JOB SUMMARY/ACCOUNTABILITY –
Responsible for assessing and assisting individuals and families with multiple needs who enter The Matrix Center for services. Enters demographic and relevant service utilization information of clients into the My Resource Network and other specified data systems. Maintain accurate records of client information in accordance with agency standards. Reviews enrollment applications and intake information to engage families and individuals. Works in partnership with other Matrix programs and Mission Partners to meet the needs of program participants.
- Associates Preferred (High School Diploma with 2 years of similar experience)
- Michigan Driver’s License
- Current Vehicle Insurance
- Able to work flexible hours
- Strong writing skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks
- Ability to travel as the position requires
- Full proficiency in Microsoft suite including: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Experience interacting with underserved populations
- Ability to take ownership and showcase interpersonal skillset
- Highly effective problem solving ability
- Self-driven with the ability to recognize improvement on processes and take initiative to execute changes
- Focused attention to detail, well-organized and demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple-tasks, achieve desired results and adapt favorably to changing priorities
- Be flexible and available to interact with employees at all levels
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Works with customers individually and in families to intake demographic information.
- May direct clients to appropriate services within the Matrix Center.
- Keep accurate data/progress notes regarding clients.
- Conduct assessments, screening, and interviews with clients.
- Maintain: intake forms; assessment data; client release forms; attendance and participation forms and all progress notes.
- Maintain strict confidentiality concerning information gained through client interviews and program participation.
- Communicating and interacting with individuals and families possessing targeted barriers to self-sufficiency.
- Collecting, organizing, analyzing and processing information quickly and efficiently.
- Maintains accurate and timely records and prepares adequate and timely reports in the appropriate program database per program standards.
- Maintain a caseload of clients as assigned by the Program Manager.
- Ensure consumer records are in accordance with the Department of Community Justice, COA licensure and Matrix PQI standards.
- Participate in staff meetings and any other meetings necessary for doing the job.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Attend trainings on data systems as required.
WORKING AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
Works in a normal office environment with usual pressures of managing personnel and dealing with time constraints.
CONTINUOUS QUALITY IMPROVEMENT AND ETHICAL CONDUCT:
All personnel of Matrix must adhere to the NASW Code of Ethics and incorporate Continuous Quality Improvement efforts into their everyday performance. All employee of Head Start must adhere to the federal regulations and requirements for Head Start operations including the Performance Standards, Licensing rules, and be of Good Moral Character as stated in the Code of Ethics.
Demonstrate and actively promote an understanding and commitment to the mission and values of Matrix Human Services