REPORTS TO: CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
The In-Kind Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and obtaining the required In-kind donation support as required by both the Head Start Birth to 5 and Child Care Partnership (CCP) grants. This position will work with administrative and program management staff, center-based staff, client parents, and external donors/funders. In-kind, or non-federal share, is a mandatory requirement of federal funding and constitutes monetary and non-monetary support given to the programs to supplement grant funding.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Demonstrated excellent communication, both oral and written, and interpersonal skills.
- Comfortable meeting with and speaking with new people, occasionally in a crowded environment or in front of large audiences.
- Ability to work with all levels within the agency and external clients, volunteers, and stakeholders.
- Proficient with computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook. Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge and/or Child Plus experience preferred.
- Maintains focused attention to detail, well-organized, and demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple tasks, achieve desired results, and adapt favorably to changing priorities.
- Effective in an environment of cultural diversity; comfortable in a collaborative, team-based work setting.
- Must be willing and able to attend business social events, including those held outside of normal business hours.
- Reliable transportation is required.
- Develop and execute a plan for generating in-kind through organizing volunteers to assist with Head Start activities; coordinate with purchasing for obtaining discounts on purchases, leases, services contracts, and other areas of spending; plus coordinate with Marketing & Development staff on donations from individuals, corporations, churches and other entities with an interest in supporting early childhood education.
- Teach related Matrix staff and client parents/guardians about the importance of In-kind contributions, and train them on sources of and methods to obtain In-kind contributions.
- Coordinate the recording of in-kind volunteer hours, contributions, donations, and other sources of in-kind for the programs.
- Working in coordination with Marketing and Development staff, identify and obtain external In-kind support whether in the form of cash donations, pro-bono support (e.g., free or reduced legal advice, consulting, etc.) as well as goods and services needed for the program (e.g., diapers, books, toys, etc.). In-kind can also take the form of below-market pricing for Matrix on rental space, fees, and purchases that suppliers give to support the program.
- Work closely with the Marketing & Development team to solicit outside individuals, businesses, and corporations so as to not conflict with other Matrix development efforts as well as leverage existing Matrix contacts and supporters.
- Manage the timely processing and acknowledgment of all in-kind gifts, including cash, and develop deeper relationships with supporters to facilitate future increases in support.
- Maintain adequate safeguards for the privacy and confidentiality of information.
- Protect the organization’s good name and reputation at all times.
- Coordinate the processing of incoming mail/gifts according to established protocols. Accurately enter gift detail in Raiser’s Edge; add new donor records and update existing records as needed.
- Oversee the timely and accurate entry of volunteer hours in ChildPlus.
- Maintain a monthly report of contributions for management review.
- Work with program and center management to establish In-kind goals and create action plans to achieve those goals.
- Learn and understand the Head Start Program Performance Standards, especially regarding Non-Federal Share Match. Recognize allowable costs and how to determine the value of allowable costs, i.e., donated space, volunteer services, and hours, and how they are calculated. Develop and document all efforts to obtain Non-Federal Share Match.
- Interact with donors, funders, volunteers to address any questions, provide information and/or documentation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
WORKING AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
This position will require a great deal of work outside the company and attending events that may take place outside of normal business hours. Additionally, this person will work in a normal office environment with the usual pressures of managing workflow and dealing with time constraints. Because of multiple sites within the department and the need to meet with others within the community, it is common to drive to several locations, sometimes in inclement weather.
To apply for this job please visit matrixhumanservices.org.