POSITION TITLE: Human Resources (HR) Analyst
DEPARTMENT: HUMAN RESOURCES
REPORTS TO: VICE-PRESIDENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES
FLSA: EXEMPT, FULL-TIME
I. JOB SUMMARY/ACCOUNTABILITY
The HR Generalist, under the direction of the Vice-President of Human Resources is responsible for Data and reporting analytics to support the Human Resources department. The HR Generalist is also responsible for federal and regulatory audits, required licensure and certification, bi-annual employee required TB test, monitoring, and scheduling. Employee fingerprints for the Head Start department, and the monitoring of central registry for the Administrative and Program departments. The HR Generalist coordinates the volunteer program, and student internship program. The HR Generalist is part of the Pandemic Task force team, and is responsible for communicating and tracking outbreaks, testing, and communication to employees.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management preferred.
- At least one year of HR experience.
- Demonstrated excellent communication, both oral and written, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with all levels within the agency and external clients, volunteers, and stakeholders.
- Proficient with computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook.
- Maintains focused attention to detail, well-organized and demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple tasks, achieve desired results and adapt favorably to changing priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective in an environment of cultural diversity; comfortable in a collaborative, team-based work setting.
- Self-driven with the ability to recognize required improvement to processes and take the initiative to execute changes.
II. GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Process tuition reimbursement and, Teach for America reimbursement.
- Responsible for monitoring the updates of education, licensure, and certification information input by the HR Coordinator.
- Maintains and inputs data into the Child Plus system for HR
- Coordinates the Volunteer and Student Internship programs.
- Responsible for the tracking and monthly reports (i.e., Tuition reimbursement stats; Education Contract status; Fingerprinting, TB Test, Central Registry, Motor Vehicles, etc.)
- Process the loan forgiveness forms for approval.
- A member of the Covid Tasks Force Team. Responsible for tracking the Covid cases, including notifying employees utilizing the Alert Media system, email, and phone calls.
- Manage the Volunteer and Student Internship program.
- Enhance job satisfaction by resolving issues promptly with an elevated level of customer service.
- Back-up for New Hire Orientation.
- Assist with coordination of HR and Agency sponsored events.
- Assist VP/HR with Succession Planning Process.
- Knowledge of federal and state employment law.
- Provides general HR clerical support to the HR Team.
- Responsible for HR reports as assigned.
- Back up for Benefit billing database.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
III. WORKING AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
This person will work in a normal office environment with the usual pressures of managing workflow and dealing with time constraints. Because of multiple sites within the department and the need to meet with others within the community, it is common to drive to several locations, sometimes in inclement weather.
IV. CONTINUOUS QUALITY IMPROVEMENT AND ETHICAL CONDUCT:
All staff will use data to help achieve program goals; apply techniques and strategies that promote a culture of learning and accountability; identify and address gaps that continuously improve our programs.
All personnel of Matrix must adhere to the NASW Code of Ethics and incorporate Continuous Quality Improvement efforts into their everyday performance.
Demonstrate and actively promote an understanding and commitment to the mission and values of Matrix Human Services.