REPORTS TO: ERSEA CONTENT MANAGER
I. JOB SUMMARY/ACCOUNTABILITY
The ERSEA Specialist is responsible for completing eligibility applications accurately for children and families of the Head Start program. This position must ensure they are completing applications following the Head Start Program Performance Standards and agency policies and procedures for ERSEA. They are to ensure data is entered into the databases accurately along with all applicable documentation to complete applications. The ERSEA Specialist is also responsible for establishing relationships with community organizations to increase recruitment efforts for potential families. The position also assists with record keeping and maintenance of data, records, and reports related to the application, eligibility, recruitment, selection, enrollment, and attendance of children and families. To work with families who need Head Start so they have access to the program and that every enrollment opportunity is filled.
II. POSITION QUALIFICATIONS
- An Associate Degree in Business, Human Services, or related field is preferred.
- Education, certifications, training, and experience will be considered
- Prefer a minimum of one year of related clerical/administrative experience, with a strong emphasis on record keeping, tracking, and direct contact with the public
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills
- Excellent customer service skills demonstrating a client-focused attitude
- Good verbal, written communication, computer skills, and pass a computer competency test
- Proficient in Microsoft suite including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Focused attention to detail, well-organized, and demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Able to work in a fast pace environment
- Be flexible, have strong conflict management skills if applicable
III. GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implement timely application processing according to the Matrix Head Start eligibility and enrollment system policies and procedures.
- Conduct Eligibility Interviews with applicants to ensure complete and correct information on the Eligibility Application.
- Create an Application/Enrollment Information Pack for applicants
- Scan/upload into database system eligibility documentation for each parent applicant
- The answer telephone line to schedule appointments from potential applicants
- Obtain confidential and pertinent information from families for data entry into applicant records in the agency database system.
- Process EHS to HS eligibility verifications.
- Provide frequent in-person, phone, and written contact with staff and families, often involving sensitive and or confidential information.
- Ensure centers maintain funded enrollment level and an on-going waiting list at the individual centers and analyze the waitlist data to assist the ERSEA team with the planning process.
- Assist in the recruitment, enrollment, and registrations of families into the program.
- Attend Recruitment events
- Promote the consistent exchange of information in all directions by communicating in a professional manner through verbal/written means while maintaining confidentiality at all times.
- Prioritize tasks in order of deadlines, importance, and program performance requirements.
- Document all communications and family updates regarding eligibility and enrollment as necessary.
- Meet and report regularly to the ERSEA Management team.
- Maintain filing systems and eligibility files for all enrolled, previously enrolled, and waitlisted applicants.
- Ensure files are accurate and accessible for both processing and annual audits.
- Participate in all agency and program sponsored activities including community events.
- Participate in the agency Self-Assessment Process.
- Must be involved in ongoing professional development
- Perform duties ensuring compliance with all Head Start Program Performance Standards, Licensing, Council on Accreditation, and other regulations
- Performs other duties as assigned
IV. WORKING AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
The employee works in a normal office environment with the usual pressures of managing workflow and dealing with time constraints. Because of multiple sites within the organization and the need to meet with others within the community, it is common to drive to several locations, sometimes in inclement weather.
CONTINUOUS QUALITY IMPROVEMENT AND ETHICAL CONDUCT:
All personnel of Matrix must adhere to the NASW Code of Ethics and incorporate Continuous Quality Improvement efforts into their everyday performance. All employees of Head Start must adhere to the federal regulations and requirements for Head Start operations including the Performance Standards, Licensing rules, and be of Good Moral Character as stated in the Code of Ethics.
Demonstrate and actively promote an understanding and commitment to the mission and values of Matrix Human Services.
To apply for this job please visit www.matrixhumanservices.org.