POSITION TITLE: Employment Training Assistant
DEPARTMENT: Adult & Senior Division
REPORTS TO: Manager of Workforce Development Services
FLSA: PART-TIME / NON-EXEMPT (Evening Hours: 4:30 pm to 8:30 pm Mon to Fri)
The primary duties of the Employment Training Assistant are to provide and promote programming leading to greater economic self-sufficiency for clients participating in the City of Detroit/FCA Work Readiness Workshops. Secondary duties are to support the Matrix Center for Working Families program model, and other workforce development initiatives as needed.
This position will submit reports accurately reflecting participants’ progress toward goal attainment, using Salesforce and other related databases as necessary. Responsibilities include assisting with the coordination and delivery of training classes, employment, and support of all activities of wraparound services for families and clients.
- Associates degree in related human services field. Bachelor degree preferred
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in adult training and workforce development programs.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office and familiarity with a variety of data systems
- Strong work ethic and commitment to quality services for adults
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and organizational abilities
- Valid Michigan Driver’s License
- Occasionally use personal vehicle to perform job duties
- Current vehicle insurance
- Coordinate all programming to assure clients’ needs are adequately and appropriately addressed.
- Coordinate all services and deliver direct services to clients: client intake and orientation; development of individualized goals and objectives for each client; maintain case records and client participation records in accordance with policies and procedures formulated by contractual obligations and licensing requirements; and coordinate case management services with the entire Adult services team.
- Deliver and assist with workforce development training and supports as necessary.
- Develop relationships with potential employers to streamline our clients to employment opportunities.
- Develop, customize and maintain program resource materials.
- Coordinate activities with community partners that provide clients access to a broad range of services.
- Maintain program outcomes and related measurable indicators consistent with contractual obligations; collect and calculate results.
- Assure that documentation of programs and services is accurate and timely and that it supports the accomplishment of program objectives and outcomes required by funding sources. Provide timely and accurate computer entry of programmatic data and the effective management of computer files and records to the end that documentation and reporting are efficient
- Participate and represent Adult services on Matrix-based committees and/or workgroups as assigned.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
WORKING AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
Works in a normal office environment with usual pressures of managing personnel and dealing with time constraints. Because of the need to meet with others within the community, it is common to drive to several locations, sometimes in inclement weather.
CONTINUOUS QUALITY IMPROVEMENT AND ETHICAL CONDUCT:
- All personnel of Matrix must adhere to the NASW Code of Ethics and incorporate Continuous Quality Improvement efforts into their everyday performance. All employees of Head Start must adhere to the federal regulations and requirements for Head Start operations including the Performance Standards, Licensing rules, and be of Good Moral Character as stated in the Code of Ethics.
- Demonstrate and actively promote an understanding and commitment to the mission and values of Matrix Human Services