DEPARTMENT: Adult & Senior Division
REPORTS TO: Lead CDA Coordinator & Instructor
FLSA: Non-Exempt | Part-Time (25 hours week)
TERM: 1 year grant funded position; grant renewal is based on program performance
The Education Assistant will support the literacy level progression and all instructional aspects of participants enrolled in all Matrix CDA training programs and initiatives. Current programs this position will support, but not limited to, are City of Detroit – CDA Training Program for Path participants, Early Head Start-Child Care Partnership, and Matrix general CDA Workforce Development Program. Additionally, this role will effectively support all educational aspects of a CDA program tailored to meet and adhere to the standards of the CDA Council of Professional Recognition.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Early Childhood Education, Child Development, or a related field.
- 1 year or more recent experience working in education or training programs.
- Must have basic knowledge of CDA program content area policies and procedures.
- Clerical aptitude and computer literacy.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Able to maintain the confidentiality of all discussions and records.
- Resourceful, patient, and sensitive to the needs of staff, children, and families.
- Culturally sensitive to work in a diverse community.
- Transportation is a requirement for employment
- Evening and weekend work may be required.
- Provide educational support to program participants and teachers enrolled of all Matrix CDA initiatives.
- Assist the CDA Instructor with all aspects of participants and teachers completing their 120 required educational hours.
- Work alongside the CDA Instructor in creating a Matrix centric CDA curriculum along with assisting participants and EHS-CCP teachers in their progress when working with the ProSolutions platform.
- Assist with securing relationships with various schools, training centers, colleges and universities for the purpose of referring childcare staff for additional education.
- Administer literacy tests and education workshops to increase the literacy levels of teachers and participants.
- Assist the CDA Specialist with administering recruitment and orientation events through collaborating with Detroit at Work Career Centers – Path Providers for prospective new program participants.
- Assist the CDA Specialist with performing group and individual onboarding and intake sessions for new program participants and EHS-CCP teachers.
- Assist CDA Specialist with placing participants at partnered childcare centers for work experience.
- Assist CDA Specialist with monitoring and verifying participant and EHS-CCP teacher work experience hours performed at partnered childcare centers.
- Assist participants virtually and onsite with creating their required CDA portfolio.
- Create and administer CDA exam preparation for program participants and EHS-CCP teachers.
- Assist participants and EHS-CCP teachers prepare for their observation visit.
- All other duties as assigned.
CONTINUOUS QUALITY IMPROVEMENT AND ETHICAL CONDUCT:
- All personnel of Matrix must adhere to the NASW Code of Ethics and incorporate Continuous Quality Improvement efforts into their everyday performance. All employee of Matrix must adhere to the federal regulations and requirements for Head Start operations including the Performance Standards, Licensing rules, and be of Good Moral Character as stated in the Code of Ethics.
- Demonstrate and actively promote an understanding and commitment to the mission and values of Matrix Human Services
WORKING AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
- Works in a normal office environment with the usual pressures of managing personnel and dealing with time constraints. Because of multiple sites within the department and the need to meet with others within the community, it is common to drive to several locations, sometimes in inclement weather. Handles large volumes of paper and forms.
To apply for this job please visit www.matrixhumanservices.org.