Website Matrix Human Services
DEPARTMENT: Adult & Senior Division
REPORTS TO: Director of Adult & Senior Programs
FLSA: Exempt I Full-Time
The Director of Adult & Senior Programs ensures effective program operations in compliancewith contractual obligations, accreditation standards, national standards and Head Startstandards where applicable and all Matrix policies and procedures. She/he will plan, develop,coordinate, and implement program service deliveries to meet or exceed outcomes, whileemploying continuous quality improvement. Additionally, she/he will provide leadership and apositive team-oriented work environment while identifying and obtaining resources andsupports necessary to achieve the mission of the division.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Human Services, Business Administration; Master’s degree preferred.
- Five years’ experience in administration of human services programs with demonstrated experience in program, personnel, and fiscal management.
- Grant writing ability and experience. Demonstrated computer skills.
- Ability to develop, evaluate and report on goals and outcomes.
- Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written language skills and abilities.
- Demonstrated time management skills, leadership, and organizational ability.
- Knowledge of basic principles of development, marketing, and public relations.
- Knowledge of the local human service network and public and private funding structure.
- Ability to function independently at the division level and to contribute to the broader Matrix management team.
- Resourceful, patient, and sensitive to the needs of clients and staff.
- Knowledge of the community.
- Competent and sensitive to diverse community needs.
- Culturally sensitive with a commitment to family preservation.
- Must advocate for programs and human rights.
- Must have transportation, insurance and valid driver’s license in order to attend meetings, training, and other events.
ADMINISTRATIVE AND MANAGEMENT OF DIVISION PROGRAMS AND SERVICES
- Coordinate activities and supervise staff.
- Ensure compliance with policies, procedures, contractual obligations, and accreditationstandards. Ensure that Division resources are maximized for quality client service•Willingness to work irregular hours, evenings and/or weekends.
- Organize, plan, and implement pertinent training.
- Provide continuous Quality Improvement to assure effective delivery of client services.
- Actively support Matrix Human Services’ mission and strategic planning via interaction with Matrix Board of Directors and committees.
- Manage and maintain confidentiality of client and Division records, correspondence,database and statistical reporting in conjunction with COA, licensing and Matrix CQI standards, as applicable.
- Provide for well-organized office services, clerical support, staff, and administrative records.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the Matrix Policy and Procedures Manual.
- Provide a monthly Division report of outcomes, activities, and concerns.
- Provide for training of staff and volunteers for individual growth, development, and advancement to maximize potential and contributions to client services to meet the requirements of licensure, accreditation, national, and Head Start standards, where applicable.
- Assure that each program within the Division has sufficient qualified personnel to provideeffective delivery of service in collaboration with the Vice Presidents of Human Resources and Adult Programming.
- Ensure that all staff receives regular supervision.
- Promote the use of volunteers and students to enhance the Division’s capacity to service clients.
- Identify and ensure employees participate in appropriate professional development.
- Review with the Vice President of Adult Programming before taking action all performance appraisals, disciplinary actions, and/or dismissals.
- Maintain application and financial assistance information for continuing education if applicable.
- Responsible for payroll and attendance records.
- Oversee and direct program development, analysis, evaluation and reporting.
- Conduct periodic needs assessment to determine types and levels of services.
- Provide and nurture an atmosphere conducive to clients’ and programs’ growth and development.
- Ensure that staff and volunteers practice ethical principles and that client’ rights are protected.
- Develop program goals and monitor outcomes.
- Research new funding sources, prepare and submit funding proposals.
- Ensure reasonable measures of safety for clients, employees, and visitors.
- Cultivate a harmonious therapeutic milieu allowing clients the opportunity to actively participate in the planning and decision making of the program.
- Act as an advocate for clients by identifying, verbalizing, and addressing needs and concerns.
- Develop policies and procedures and manuals for program operations including coordinating efforts with stakeholders.
- Review, approve, and submit all program reports within designated time frames.
- Insure component (content area) integration into the total program.
- Oversee client referrals, recruitment, and enrollment, as applicable.
- Provide representation on boards and committees and attend community meetings and events.
- Ensure and monitor self-assessment.
- In conjunction with Vice President of Adult Programming and Facilities Coordinator, overseefacilities and maintenance of all licensing requirements, including development of new sitesand renovation.
- Provide sound fiscal management to assure integrity in the handling of public and/or charitable funds awarded.
- Prepare budget and other fiscal reports as required.
- Collaborate with Matrix Finance Department to ensure appropriate accounting practices.
- Ensure that expenditures are in line with the approved budget and available revenue and that funding is spent during the designated grant period.
- Make appropriate budget revisions in consultation with Matrix Finance Department.
- Provide for inventory, security, care and maintenance of division premises, equipment,and supplies
- Seek to identify and secure new or expanded resources.
- Provide leadership and a positive environment for community relations and Division exposure.
- Represent the Division and Matrix consistent with the highest professional standards.
- Serve as a liaison in collaboration with human service providers, funding agents, and other Matrix Divisions to maximize effective and unduplicated services.
- Advocate for allocation of public and private resources for the Division.
- Participate in appropriate leadership meetings.
- Work with the Matrix Marketing and Development Department and other designated Matrix staff to facilitate marketing and fundraising activities.
WORKING AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
Works in a normal office environment with usual pressures of managingpersonnel and dealing with time constraints. Because of the need to meet with others within the community, it is common to drive to several locations,sometimes in inclement weather.
CONTINUOUS QUALITY IMPROVEMENT AND ETHICAL CONDUCT:
- All personnel of Matrix must adhere to the NASW Code of Ethics and incorporateContinuous Quality Improvement efforts into their everyday performance. All employeeof Head Start must adhere to the federal regulations and requirements for Head Start operations including the Performance Standards, Licensing rules, and be of Good MoralCharacter as stated in the Code of Ethics.
- Demonstrate and actively promote an understanding and commitment to the mission and values of Matrix Human Services
To apply for this job please visit www.matrixhumanservices.org.