Department: Marketing & Development Department
Directly Reports to: Vice President of Marketing and Development
Status: Full Time
I. JOB SUMMARY/ACCOUNTIBILITY:
Reporting to the Vice-President of Marketing and Development, the Marketing and Development Assistant is responsible for data entry and reporting in the donor database and general support of the department. This position will work closely with the team on data quality initiatives, reporting and analysis of the data, meeting/scheduling support, and event logistics support.
II. POSITION QUALIFICATIONS:
Bachelor’s degree preferred, in Philanthropy, Public Administration, Communication, Journalism or similar field.
NOTE: Equivalent combinations of education and experience that could provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities, will be evaluated on an individual basis.
- Knowledge of donor management software, with an emphasis on processing and coding gift entries, acknowledging gifts, and building queries, reports, and exports.
- Ability to demonstrate expertise computer skills in Microsoft Suite of products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, with emphasis on advanced skills in Word and Excel, plus general office equipment.
- If the position requires driving, you must be able to provide proof of having a current, valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and current automobile insurance.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and with an interdisciplinary team.
- Ability to effectively manage time, information, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task, and apply critical thinking skills with a high degree of accuracy in a high volume setting.
- Strong interpersonal skills; the ability to maintain a positive relationship with clients, agency staff, coworkers, senior staff, referring sources, community resources, and contractors.
- Manages all aspects of the donor database including data integrity, updates, and corrections.
- Manages processing of all gifts via mail, credit card, online, and stock transfer. Enters gifts into the database with appropriate coding and packaging. Produces acknowledgment letters/tax receipts while checking for grammatical/typographical mistakes and knowledge of practical tax receipting protocol.
- Strategizes and manages the implementation of data enrichment services, determine the best use of the database features to accomplish goals.
- Batches all cash, checks, and credit card donations to Finance Department on a timely basis. Manages the month-end process, troubleshooting, and auditing data to ensure the smooth transfer of data to the AF Accounting team as well as performing a monthly reconciliation report and review with the fiscal team. Generates pledge reminders and invoices.
- Acts as the lead for data analysis, working with key staff and stakeholders to understand data needs and develop actionable insights. Develops reports and manages the regular distribution of data. Produces reports and lists needed by development staff for mailings, events, and donor contact management. Creates reports and “dashboards” for development staff to monitor revenue progress.
- Provides scheduling/meeting support to the team and assists with general clerical and administrative tasks.
- Assists with event logistics help manage RSVPs, provides support to attendees and the team.
- Occasionally working evenings and weekends to support special events.
- Active participation in supervision, no less than on a bi-weekly basis, or consistent with regulatory
- Attend the required Agency and regulatory training and additional training based upon your position.
- Perform other tasks and assignments that are required by the Vice President of Marketing and Development.
IV. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to lift up to 20 Lbs.
- Ability to traverse stairs and other uneven terrains to gain access to and to maneuver throughout offsite locations including office buildings and special event locations.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
V. Core Values
- We are devoted, dedicated, and always willing to pitch in.
- We are passionate about what we do.
- We do what we say.
- We have a “Can Do” attitude.
- We always treat co-workers, donors and children, and families with respect, courtesy, and patience.
To apply for this job please visit www.matrixhumanservices.org.