DEPARTMENT: Adult & Senior Division
REPORTS TO: Lead CDA Coordinator & Instructor
FLSA: Exempt | Full-Time
TERM: 1 year grant funded position; grant renewal is based on program performance
The Child Development Associate (CDA) Specialist will support the progression of participants enrolled in all Matrix CDA training programs and initiatives. Current programs this position will support, but not limited too, are: City of Detroit – CDA Training Program for Path participants, Early Head Start – Child Care Partnership and Matrix general CDA Workforce Development Program. Additionally, this role will effectively support the administration of a CDA program tailored to meet and adhere to the standards of the CDA Council of Professional Recognition.
- Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development, Human Services, Workforce Development or a related field.
- 1 year or more recent experience working in early care, education or training programs.
- Must have basic knowledge of CDA program content area policies and procedures.
- Clerical aptitude and computer literacy.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Able to maintain confidentiality of all discussions and records.
- Resourceful, patient and sensitive to the needs of staff, children and families.
- Culturally sensitive to work in a diverse community.
- Transportation is a requirement for employment
- Evening and weekend work may be required.
- Provide programmatic support to program participants, teachers, development and execution of all Matrix CDA initiatives. Understand the CDA process and the ability to assist child care staff in obtaining the CDA credential.
- Administer recruitment and orientation events through collaborating with Detroit at Work Career Centers – Path Providers for prospective new program participants.
- Perform group and individual onboarding and intake sessions for new program participants.
- Manage a caseload of at least 50 to 100 CDA training participants ensuring they stay on track to earn their CDA certification.
- Assist with placing participants at partnered childcare centers for work experience hours.
- Monitor and verify participant and EHS-CCP teacher work experience hours performed at partnered childcare centers.
- Assist with recruiting and formalizing new relationships with childcare centers so that participants may have a work site to gain the necessary 480 work experience hours.
- Assist participants with creating the required CDA portfolio, preparing for CDA exam and preparing for the required monitoring visit.
- Provide career coaching through an early childhood education lens, overall resource navigation and barrier removal assistance to ensure participants are successful throughout their time in the program.
- All other duties as assigned.
CONTINUOUS QUALITY IMPROVEMENT AND ETHICAL CONDUCT:
- All personnel of Matrix must adhere to the NASW Code of Ethics and incorporate Continuous Quality Improvement efforts into their everyday performance. All employee of Matrix must adhere to the federal regulations and requirements for Head Start operations including the Performance Standards, Licensing rules, and be of Good Moral Character as stated in the Code of Ethics.
- Demonstrate and actively promote an understanding and commitment to the mission and values of Matrix Human Services
WORKING AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
- Works in a normal office environment with usual pressures of managing personnel and dealing with time constraints. Because of multiple sites within the department and the need to meet with others within the community, it is common to drive to several locations, sometimes in inclement weather. Handles large volumes of paper and forms.
To apply for this job please visit www.matrixhumanservices.org.