DEPARTMENT: Adult & Senior Division
REPORTS TO: Lead CDA Coordinator & Instructor
Terms: 1 year grant funded position; renewal is based on program performance
- JOB SUMMARY/ACCOUNTABILITY
This position reports directly to the Lead CDA Coordinator & Instructor. The CDA Instructor will primarily provide educational and program support to the City of Detroit – Child Development Associate Certificate Training Program, but will also provide support to teachers and Providers hired at partnering Child Care Centers, Grow Detroit Young Talent – Youth, and the Center for Working Families CDA Pilot participants. This role will determine and implement best delivery methods and approaches for materials; conducts front‐end analysis to determine user needs and assess performance gaps for individuals participating in all Matrix CDA initiatives. Additionally, they will effectively administer a CDA program tailored to meet the needs of the groups listed above and adhere to the standards of the CDA Council.
- POSITION QUALIFICATIONS
- A Bachelor degree in Education, English, Professional Development or related field.
- At least two years of experience working in the social service or education setting.
- Experience with developing and/or implementing training and/or professional development programs.
- Familiarity with traditional and modern training methods (mentoring, coaching, on-the-job or in classroom training, e-learning, workshops, simulations etc.)
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Full proficiency in Microsoft suite including: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio
- Self-driven with the ability to recognize improvement on processes and take initiative to execute changes
- Focused attention to detail, well-organized and demonstrated ability to prioritize
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
NOTE: Equivalent combinations of education and experience that could provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities, will be evaluated on an individual basis.
- GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Responsible for the development, administration and delivery of all approved training programs (on‐line and classroom) for all Matrix CDA programs.
- Monitor, evaluate and record training activities and program effectiveness.
- Understanding the CDA process and the ability to assist childcare staff in obtaining the CDA credential.
- Assist with conducting regular observation visits with CDA participants.
- Provide technical assistance and support the family childcare provider in developing relationships with other childcare professionals in scheduled cohorts.
- Assist with securing relationships with various schools, training centers, colleges and universities for the purpose of referring childcare staff for additional education.
- Assist in compiling monthly data and information to complete various reports.
- Deliver services with an understanding basic knowledge of the program content area policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of Licensing Rules for Child Care Centers and Family Child Care Homes.
- Attend meetings/trainings as assigned and develop and maintain mutually beneficial cooperative and collaborative relationships.
- And all other duties as assigned.
- WORKING AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
Works in a normal office environment with usual pressures of managing personnel and dealing with time constraints. Because of multiple sites within the department and the need to meet with others within the community, it is common to drive to several locations, sometimes in inclement weather.
CONTINUOUS QUALITY IMPROVEMENT AND ETHICAL CONDUCT:
All personnel of Matrix must adhere to the NASW Code of Ethics and incorporate Continuous Quality Improvement efforts into their everyday performance. All employees must adhere to the federal regulations and requirements for Head Start operations including the Performance Standards, Licensing rules, and be of Good Moral Character as stated in the Code of Ethics.
Demonstrate and actively promote an understanding and commitment to the mission and values of Matrix Human Services
To apply for this job please visit www.matrixhumanservices.org.