Head Start Essentials Kit
Studies show that children who participate in after-school learning have higher academic success rates, which can lead to greater confidence and success in life. Head Start Essentials Kits are designed to do just that, with a number of items to boost important early learning concepts including:
- Fun learning resources
- Suite of educational toys
- Age-appropriate books from Scholastic’s collection
- Matrix Head Start’s Interactive Workbook
- And more!
Frequently Asked Questions
How will the child receive their Headstart Essentials Kit?
Matrix will distribute Headstart Essentials Kits throughout the year as we receive donations. We will be sure to share photos of the big drop-off!
May I purchase more than 1 kit?
Yes! You may purchase as many kits as you would like. Please contact Kerrie Mitchell at KMitchell@MatrixHS.org if you would like to amplify your support through sponsorship.
May I purchase a kit for a child who is not enrolled in Matrix's Head Start program?
At this time, kits are only available for children in the Matrix Head Start program
About Matrix Human Services’ Headstart Essentials Kit Initiative
Benefitting Matrix Human Services, Headstart Essentials Kit is a new initiative designed to raise critical funds to continue providing our life-changing programming to Detroit’s most vulnerable populations. With your help, we can reach that goal! As we navigate through these challenging times, we hope that you can consider partnering with us. Can our children and families count on your support during COVID-19?
How is Matrix serving the community during COVID-19:
- Virtual one- on- one financial coaching for adults aimed to improve credit scores, net worth, and proper money management. Plus, we continue to offer virtual first- time home buying seminars.
- Bi-weekly Food Distribution for over 600 Families with Children (per distribution) in the most impoverished zip code in Detroit.
- Bi-weekly diaper, wipes, formula, and essential product distribution for families in our birth to five Head Start programs. Our counselors also continue case management support for entire families.
- Bi-weekly food distribution and home deliveries specifically for up to 100 seniors.
- Assistance with rental and mortgage payments for Detroit residents.
- Free Senior Transportation for Adults 55+ years to grocery stores and pharmacies.
- Youth and teen development programming via Online, Virtual Delivery, and tablet distribution to over 150 youth and teens.
- Resources for Pregnant Moms and Children Birth-5 years old that includes weekly lesson plans virtual learning during the summer months.
- Remote tele-health for those living with HIV.