Make a Donation
Main Covid-19 page
During these challenging times, this pandemic could negatively impact a person’s coping skills. We are here to provide virtual support to our clients living with HIV, as well as anyone diagnosed with HIV/AIDS (new individuals included) as we are still doing intakes via the phone. Matrix has multiple health professionals, including a licensed therapist on our team who can provide behavioural and mental health services to those living with HIV. Please call 877-931-3248 to get started today.
We also want to provide anyone of the following resources to contact: 24 Hour Crisis Helpline 800-241-4949, National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 800-273-8255 and, of course, 911 for immediate help.
COVID Vaccine Update
Walk-Ins Welcome. Schedule Appointment:
M-F 9 AM - 6 PM
- There is no cost for the vaccine.
- Pfizer vaccines are offered for those 12-17 years old
- Walk-Ins are welcomed at all City sites.
- Transportation and wheelchair-accessible accommodations are available if needed.
- Anyone needing a ride to get a COVID-19 vaccine shot will be able to get a free trip from the ride-sharing companies Lyft and Uber
- For adults 18+ Any form of ID is acceptable. Under 17 years of age will not need proof of identification.
- Parents or guardians must accompany children ages 12-17 to their appointment and must sign a consent form.
- Find locations by texting your address to (313) 217-3732
- Vaccines are offered at pop-up events, pharmacies, and other areas in Detroit.
Tips from our Birth to 5 Nurse
If symptoms develop, call your health care provider immediately. If symptoms worsen or stays the same, call your healthcare provider to get guidance on what actions to take immediately. Please have some supplies on hand at home for relief of symptoms.
A sleep-deprived immune system doesn’t work well to fight off infections.
Lower your stress levels
Your body does a better job fighting off illness when it’s not under stress
Vitamin D lowers the risk for respiratory illnesses