Matrix Monday Community Job Leads – November 16th – Mortgage Underwriter
5) Mortgage Underwriter II
Salary: 75k plus (based on experience)
☑ Must be able to pass a background check ☑ Four-year degree or equivalent experience
☑ Full Benefit Package ☑ Must be able to pass a drug test
☑ Knowledge of financial analysis techniques ☑ Resume needed
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilize all systems in place, including automated underwriting to underwrite files in a timely manner.
- Underwrite conventional, portfolio loans, and FHA/VA loans.
- Underwrite simultaneous second lien/home equity loans in appropriate origination system, within approved RCC lending authority.
- Manage expected service levels related to decision and condition clearing.
- Update information on processing and underwriting systems to verify, add, delete or waive conditions.
- Contact Loan Originators with the decision on the loan immediately after underwriting the file.
- Monitor quality levels of each underwriter to ensure adherence to standards.
- Ensure team is providing a high level of customer service to internal and external customers.
- Determine success rate of meeting certain benchmarks, and update required team performance reports.
- Retrieve, review, distribute, and discuss reports related to the underwriting team.
- Monitor compliance issues, including that all team members attend required meetings and that all staff are in compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Provide feedback to other staff and loan officers.
- Responsible for appropriate section of HMDA Worksheet.
- Review exception reports to ensure completion of all tasks.
- Serve as an intermediary for loan issues with the Regional Sales Managers.
- Actively participate in ongoing efforts to continually improve customer service for internal and external customers.
- Perform personnel tasks for the team such as time sheets, coaching, and identifying training needs.
- Assist in training new hires.
CONTACT: Nakole White Career Coach – firstname.lastname@example.org
To start the process, go to matrixjobleads.org to complete our community job leads application